Soul motion®: Room to Bloom online class – around the world every Monday
central european time
12:00pm new york | 9:00am pacific time | london 5:00pm
Soul Motion is conscious dance – a movement meditation – where we get to practice embodied presence, a 360° orbital awareness and echoing the inspiration we experience. We practice enhanced listening through our bodies.
In a safe space where there is no right or wrong you can relax open and express all of what you are.
Room to Bloom is a practice of coming home, self unveiled to re-discover that which tends to get pushed in the background as not as important.
This refined listening that is what we practice with open curiosity.
Simple inquiries are invitations to be practiced in the dance room as well as in the big room of the everyday.
Embodied present we give permission to all that we are – every movement matters and is not only needed but necessary in the pivot into the new world we are in right now.
We move in stillness and in movement, playing and praying alone and together. Savouring in the magnificence of one now moment after the other.
In a Soul Motion class you will meet language as the four relational landscapes
The dance alone – a discovery
The dance communion – a dialogue between two
The dance community – the play with diversity in a group
Then infinite dance of you and I devoting ourselves to bringing our experiences from the dance floor into the dance we do in the world.
As well as meeting points of view as breath awareness, entering, centering, gravity, moving from heart and hara and much more…
The body is one doorway through which we can relax open and experience life moving through us and as us.
Our desires and intention are set in motion.
We fall in love with moments. …..a Loveolution!
Join us as we love ahead in a Room to Bloom
Register for the class below.
please wherever you are check the world clock to ensure the correct start time where you are (the class is Copenhagen time, Central Europe): https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Online class vie Zoom – how this works
What do I need to take an online class?
We will use a platform called zoom. you’ll need a computer, ipad or iphone, and a good internet connection.
- download the zoom app here. It is painless, fast, and free.
- if you have a computer, choose that over the iPad or iPhone. not only will the sound be better but also you can interact more and see more of others.
- if you can, connect your computer/phone to an external speaker for better sound quality.
- make some space to dance. if you are in a shared space, find a room to yourself so you can dance un-self consciously. or invite your housemates and/or family to join you. minimize distractions (doorbell/ email/ phone/household appliances/TV) so that you can be as present as possible.
- wear comfortable clothes to move in and have your water bottle nearby.
How do I join online?
You will receive an email with the zoom room information when you pay for the class. The zoom information is included in the receipt that is emailed to you once you have paid for the class. Please do not share this link and zoom information with anyone else since we want to ensure that the people who are registering for the class will be able to attend.
Will it be recorded?
The class will not be recorded unless announced – if class is recorded it is with speaker view (Camilla only) and partially used in our online platform membership site.
What time does the dance start?
Dance starts at 18:00h Copenhagen time. Please stay to the end of the session. Your presence really makes a difference.
Some helpful features of Zoom
- speaker view and grid/gallery view – you can toggle between the two to see the difference. grid view is recommended when we’re dancing, so we see and get inspired by each other.
- the ability to MUTE AND UNMUTE – when you are on ‘mute’ it reduces feedback that can occur. it also means you can make as much noise as you want. the host and co- hosts can mute and unmute everyone.
- the ability to have your CAMERA OFF AND ON. keep it on as it helps build connection. your presence matters!
- the CHAT feature – via the ‘speech bubble’ icon in the bottom bar. if you are having technical problems, this is the place to go.
- the ability to NAME YOURSELF if you haven’t already – click the three dots in your own window.
Thank you Lori Saltzman and Kathy Altman, Sarah Davis and Zuza Engler as well as all OFI working members for the guidelines of how this works.